Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A surreal vision....entering the land of blogosphere.

I never would have anticipated me joining the realm of the blog community, but hey, I once dressed up as a woman AFTER halloween was over, so you know i'm willing and able to try new things.  Tonight though I feel like writing a surreal short story, because hey, I can do whatever the fuck i want right lol.

Twas a cold winter night, asphalt glazed with a dark hued ice, mind intoxicated with the only legal substance allowed to cause said intoxication in our sovereign land, and a belly full of checkers chicken tenders.  Where this story is going, at this point you know just as well as I do, for it is a journey without destination; a wild goose chase of literature and prose.  My enchanted embarkation begins with me homeward bound, for as mentioned before the ice was black, modeling its image after the asphalt for which it covered, as if to be a solemn reminder that all it will ever be is underneath, trampled under other things more important than it.   As I fidget with the buttons on the console of my car, i manage to configure it to tune to an alternative rock and roll station, a mere echo of what K-Rock radio used to be, oh dear lord, why does taketh away from me mine audible ecstasy?  Moving forward, I managed to tune in right when the band Rush was playing, in my opinion said band is nothing spectacular, but entertainment nonetheless.  As I traverse down the beaten trail towards what is my house, I would be passing an intersection, but this intersection has an Emeril Lagasi, its got 'a kick' to it.  Let me explain; remember the black ice I mentioned, well this intersection was the Krispy Kreme glazing headquarters of black ice when the health inspector was visiting, and said inspector in reality was a cop ready to pull my ass over for just skidding thru a red light.  So as im giving my best audition for the winter olympics figure skating contest, ie me fishtailing thru a red light, the cop perpendicular to me must have been the judge, because he awarded me a solid 10, and due to his generosity he didnt pull me over, oh no, he moved forward judging other skating competitions at other intersections throughout the neighborhood.  So in hindsight, yes, I do think I am a lucky motherfucker because I could have easily spilt the open container of beer in my car as I was skidding, resulting in a less intoxicated state than I am now writing my virgin 'blog' entry.  On the other hand though, this is supposed to be surreal right? so nothing I say on this can be taken at face value, for its fiction.......boo ya.


Funny Peer Pressure

1 comment: